Our mission statement:
The community of Sherborne St John Church of England Primary School aims to provide a high quality education which develops children intellectually, socially, morally, physically and spiritually within a Christian framework.
Inspire, Enjoy, Achieve
We aim to:
- Make the school a place of inspirational learning, creativity and great enjoyment
- Encourage each child to develop a growth mindset and achieve through challenge
- Value each child as unique in the eyes of God and encourage them to reach their full potential
To reach these aims we will ensure that:
- The school is a safe, secure and healthy environment.
- We provide an enjoyable, inclusive education allowing access to a broad, balanced, creative and relevant range of curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- We promote physical activities as part of a broader well-being programme.
- Consistently high standards and expectations of learning, teaching and behaviour throughout the school are maintained.
- Independence and individuality are encouraged so children reach their full potential.
- Children’s opinions, ideas and concerns are listened to and taken into consideration.
- Children are encouraged to develop a caring and responsible attitude for each other and their environment.
- Effective teamwork is promoted through mutual support and co-operation.
- A positive partnership between parents and school is promoted and valued, recognising the important contribution parents make to their child’s education.
- There is a mutual respect and an appreciation of the contribution of children, staff, governors, parents, the Church and the wider community.
- We are an active part of the village community and make good use of the local environment.